Our client, a dynamic start-up internet services company,
is looking for an Accountant to join their growing Finance team. You will be their
first full-time Finance hire reporting to the CFO working closely with our
accounting consultants. Your function will be to manage Accounts Receivable and
assist with the monthly closing of the books.
You will be responsible for matching client payments and
helping clients with their challenging billing questions and requests. You
should be proficient with Google Docs and Excel and comfortable with online and
telephone communications. You will also be
responsible for the accuracy of accounts receivable and assisting with the
Company’s ongoing accounting activities.
● Download ACH and check payments from the bank
and apply them to the correct invoice in Google Sheets and internal system
● Reconcile bank payments received with
payments recorded in the internal system weekly
● Reconcile Accounts Receivables from the
internal system with the Google Sheet and QBO at month end
● Conduct account research and analysis
● Work with collections personnel to verify
status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts
● Provide backup support to other groups in
finance and perform other general administrative duties
● BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
● Minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience
● Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google
Sheets, including experience with such functions as vlookup, index_match,
sumif, pivot table, countif
● Analytical mindset and creative thinker with
attention to detail
● Comfortable working independently
● Great customer service skills
● Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k plan
● $100 in Uber credit every month.
● Unlimited PTO
● Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks. Free
lunch every Friday.
● Team building events like baseball games,
happy hours and team trips.
● A generous budget to create your own
Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides
solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some
of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in
technology and life sciences start-ups.