Our client, an expanding
cyber-security company is looking for a Controller who will direct the
accounting activities; this position will report to the CFO. We are looking for someone who
can demonstrate the following:
- Hustle – Hustle and passion are the lifeblood of
our Company. We move fast and deliver results
because of hustle and passion
- Excellent communication and people skills – Numbers
are key, but a business is built with people.
Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our
- Team player – This is a highly collaborative and
supportive team environment
- Self-starter – We don’t have time or desire to
micro-manage. You will take initiative,
be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail – Balanced with swift
execution. We need to do things quickly
and we need to do them well. Balancing
those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Perform consolidations of domestic and
- Plan and execute timely monthly close of accounting
- Preparation and review of journal entries
- Preparation and review of account reconciliations
- Preparation of financial statements and reporting
- Analyze monthly financial data to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance
with Company accounting policies
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely
completion of audit requests
- Development and maintenance of accounting systems
and policies and procedures
- Manage international accounting service to ensure
proper and timely processing of accounting transactions and reporting of
- Coordinate with outside counsel for equity
administration matters surrounding option and restricted stock grants.
- Calculate stock compensation expense using equity
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll,
including reconciliation of payroll filings and deposits by payroll processor.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of expense
reports, including review and conformity with Company expense policies.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor
invoices through the bill payment platform, including obtaining appropriate
approvals for payment.
- Coordinate with the Company’s tax accountant for
timely filing of tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in
accounting and finance operations in a fast-growing SaaS environment
- Experience working in a start-up
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level financial
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting
firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent
some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in Technology
and Life Sciences.