Our client, an expanding medical device company that is a subsidiary of global international parent company, is looking for an Accounting Manager who will direct the accounting activities and financial planning activities as well as the company’s relationship with global and regional organizations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct the financial planning and accounting
activities as well as its relationship with global and regional organizations
by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
· Work with business leadership on the
development of the strategic plan including the corresponding 1 and 5-year
business plans, and preparing reports for global reporting.
· Responsible for the annual planning
process and updating these quarterly.
· Responsible for monthly financial
close processes including reporting to global and regional groups. Insure the accuracy of the financial
· Direct the finance staff on the
procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain accurate
financial records and to afford adequate accounting controls.
· Appraise the organization's financial
position and issue periodic reports on organization's financial stability,
liquidity, and growth to regional and global organization. Manage and forecast
cash requirements and insure spend is in line with these projections.
· Implement cost accounting processes
and procedures for Next Gen commercial product launch.
· Support department heads by providing
information on spend vs. budget.
· Insure compliance with accounting
policies and by implementing appropriate internal control processes. Support outside audit reviews and supply
information and schedules as may be requested.
· Work with Sales and CEO in developing
effective sales incentive and commission plans.
· Hire and train
finance department staff.
comprehensive and detailed reports for global parent organization.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
other equivalent certification preferred
· MBA or Master level degree in
· 10-years prior work experience in
Finance with experience as Controller, and Financial Planning and Analysis
· Must have experience in a
· Excel expert
· SAP experience preferred
· Experience working at a company that
is part of a global international corporation
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks,
ensure accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced and changing work environment
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial
consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to
established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest
companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences