Our client, a venture-backed transforming medical technology company, has an opening for a Director of Finance and Human Resources.
Ensure that the Company has excellent systems and procedures in support of accurate and timely financial reporting requirements. This position reports to the President and CEO.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
Develop and maintain financial accounting systems that support the Company’s goals and reporting requirements.
- Develop detailed financial, cost, budget and accounting reports for management review. Analyze and interpret operating results from a financial perspective. Develop financial reports needed to implement business plans and allocate funds.
- Manage the month-end close process including review of GL entries, monthly account reconciliations and analysis of budget-to-actual fluctuations to ensure accuracy of financial results.
- Manage fixed asset process, including asset acquisition and disposal, and related depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Manage stock option administration and cap table. Focal point for audit preparation and support of auditors.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure accurate accounting, financial reporting and reliable internal controls; ensure financial integrity through strong controls.
- Hire, train and supervise financial operations staff.
- Create, revise and/or reengineer accounting procedures to streamline reporting activities and to improve and validate accurate reporting.
- Responsible for AP/AR, Payroll, GL, Cash, and financial reporting functions.
- Advise senior management regarding financial objectives and fiscal policies of the Company.
- Work with outside insurance firm on health benefits administration.
- Act as human resources administrator for new hires, training, and other related HR functions.
- Complete all training on time per requirements set forth by the Quality system, the individual’s supervisor and Quality Assurance.
- All work completed shall be in compliance with the FDA and international CE device regulations and the company’s quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain a human resource system that meets top management information needs, analysis, maintenance and communication records.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience (preferably in the medical device industry). Must additionally have at least three years of management experience.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required. QuickBooks, extensive Excel, and MS Access skills strongly preferred.
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.