Our client, an expanding medical device company that is a subsidiary of global international parent company, is looking for an Accounting Manager who will direct the accounting activities and financial planning activities as well as the company’s relationship with global and regional organizations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct the financial planning and accounting activities as well as its relationship with global and regional organizations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
- Work with business leadership on the development of the strategic plan including the corresponding 1 and 5-year business plans, and preparing reports for global reporting.
- Responsible for the annual planning process and updating these quarterly.
- Responsible for monthly financial close processes including reporting to global and regional groups. Ensure the accuracy of the financial records.
- Direct the finance staff on the procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain accurate financial records and to afford adequate accounting controls.
- Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth to regional and global organization. Manage and forecast cash requirements and ensure spend is in line with these projections.
- Implement cost accounting processes and procedures for Next Gen commercial product launch.
- Support department heads by providing information on spend vs. budget.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and by implementing appropriate internal control processes. Support outside audit reviews and supply information and schedules as may be requested.
- Work with Sales and CEO in developing effective sales incentive and commission plans.
- Hire and train finance department staff.
- Prepare comprehensive and detailed reports for global parent organization.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other equivalent certification preferred
- MBA or Master level degree in discipline preferred
- 10-years prior work experience in Finance with experience as Controller, and Financial Planning and Analysis
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excel expert
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience working at a company that is part of a global international corporation
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, ensure accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced and changing work environment
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.