Currently we are seeking a Part-Time Accounting Manager with 7-10 years of experience to join our internal team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a very talented and respected senior-level team. This role will require travel to clients from the Menlo Park to SF area. This is an opportunity to work a reduced daily schedule or 4 days a week.
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a well-established financial consulting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in start-ups, technology, and life sciences. MM Consultants enjoy salary, benefits, paid training and professional development, bonus potential and flexible hours with excellent work/life balance! In addition, they work on a portfolio of VC-backed, high-potential tech startups and developing companies. As a Murdock Martell employee, you are exposed to engaging entrepreneurs and diverse industries which keeps things fresh and interesting while working with a knowledgeable team of coworkers who are never too busy to answer a question or lend a hand.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
· Manage Staff and Senior Accountants on assignment
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
· Prepare monthly financials including general ledger, monthly journal entries, key statistics, various detailed analyses, annual budgets, reconciliation of monthly bank statements, accounts, etc.
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
· Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
· Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
· Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
· Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
· Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
· Manage full-cycle A/R, A/P
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts (e.g. credit cards, bank accounts)
· 7-10 years' relevant experience, including management experience
· BA/BS in Business with concentration in Accounting; MBA and CPA a plus
· Strong leaderships and supervisory skills
· Knowledge of one or more: QuickBooks Online and/or QuickBooks desktop, NetSuite, QAD, Dynamics, ADP
· Strong general and technical accounting background and consistently proactive
· Effective and credible at managing the monthly close process along with meeting management’s expectations.
· Able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of our clients
· Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
· Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
· Comfortable interacting across all disciplines of the company
· Thrive in a fast-paced, growing start-up environment and work independently when necessary
· Proficient knowledge of Excel; advanced Excel, a plus
· Consolidations and international accounting a plus
· CPA firm audit training a plus