Our client, a successful software company, has created a global operating system that brings secure, scalable and fast financial data than can communicate visual and relevant information to anyone who needs it. This is a highly successful company that recently received Series D funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Revenue Accountant
- Ongoing processing of revenue transactions, including preparation and documentation of revenue calculations, entry of all sales-related transactions and preparation of any revenue-related journal entries.
- Assist with data migration and functional testing involved with system implementation and ASC 606.
- Prepare schedules and support for the audit.
- Own the monthly revenue close process.
- Maintain revenue system and ensure accuracy and completeness of all revenue transactions and compliance to company revenue policy.
- Record revenue related journal entries and complete revenue-related account reconciliations including deferred revenue.
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal controls.
- Monitor contract terms including renewal dates, management of contracts/amendments and other legal processes.
- Work with Senior Revenue Manager, Legal, Sales and Client Advocacy, as necessary, to identify and resolve client/contract issues.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements in the order-to-cash process and month-end close process.
Accounts Receivable (A/R)
Work closely with the A/R Accountant to ensure that billing and revenue are aligned. Assist with the following A/R responsibilities as needed:
- Collect necessary billing information to prepare invoices in a timely manner.
- Complete cycle of invoicing and collections for customers, and establishing accounts receivable reserves, as necessary.
- Monitor A/R aging and ensure timely collection of past due balances. Escalate matters as necessary.
- Reconcile A/R and related allowance for doubtful accounts on a monthly and timely basis.
- Responsible for communications with clients regarding billing inquiries, contract questions and other related issues.
- Based on contract review, responsible for inputting data into Salesforce and ensuring accuracy and completeness. Work with Business Operations to resolve any issues.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all Salesforce opportunities/records.
- Sales Tax
- Ensure proper taxation of fees billed and timely filing of sales tax returns.
- Maintain Avalara sales tax system with up-to-date information regarding nexus and sales tax registrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field required
- Minimum 4 years of experience with at least 2 years in SaaS revenue recognition.
- Excellent understanding and application of US GAAP, including all areas related to revenue. SOX knowledge is a plus.
- Solid experience with close processes, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written with a customer service focus.
- Self-motivated and efficient with high standards for quality of results and processes. Ability to be proactive and identify areas for improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines, and possess a willingness to take on new projects and challenges.
- Intrinsic desire to seek solutions, achieve results, complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Technically competent with ability to work productively and efficiently in a dynamic environment and be a solutions oriented team player.
- Maintain focus and positive attitude during high volume of work while multi-tasking with changing priorities.
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with QuickBooks, Salesforce and NetSuite or Intacct is preferred.
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.