Our client, a $2B multinational technology company in North San Jose, is looking for a contract or temp-to-hire Senior SEC Accountant. This position is available immediately.
- Assist with all external reporting, including SEC reporting (10-Q/10-K), earnings calls, earnings releases, bank reporting, census reporting, and others, including the preparation of such reporting, providing supporting schedules, researching applicable GAAP/SEC rules and interaction with internal/external auditors
- Perform technical accounting research and implementation of new pronouncements, including preparing supporting documentation of financial statement impact on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist with internal financial reporting including preparation of monthly / quarterly closing entries and supporting work papers
- Special projects and other duties including, but not limited to, documenting and implementing appropriate internal control processes and controls, implementation of new processes/software, interfacing regularly with other departments to drive process improvements, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, ideally through a combination of financial audits and public manufacturing company experience
- Hands-on experience in Oracle a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Prior financial reporting experience, 10K, 10Q
- Attention to detail and have problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude and excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment
- Team player, works well within a group, happy to take on responsibilities outside your role when needed
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.